Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Get Out and Vote!

Busy day today.   Got up early to vote and found that it was easy to get in and out.   I managed to vote in about 5 or 10 minutes.   Next stop, Starbucks to get an enormous Skinny Hazelnut latte.   Again, not much of a wait this morning.    Off to work with a stop at Thorntons to fill up the car.    Gas was $2.73 / gallon which is lower than it has been lately but still higher than I think it should be - made me glad I had voted today.    

I'm sure I dont have to tell you that we are beginning the third year of the recession.   In the papers, I read all sorts of news saying that the recession is over.   I am hearing all kinds of reports that Louisville is getting new companies and new jobs.   Yet, my experience in the market place does not seem to match these reports.    I am still having friends lose jobs.   Unemployment is still right around 10%.     Property values seem to have decreased anywhere from 20% to 40%.   

If ever there was a time to motivate you to vote, I would argue that this is it.  

Please get out and vote and have a great day!

David

David W. McCoy
Associate Broker
Commonwealth Commercial Real Estate
10444 Bluegrass Pkwy
Louisville, KY  40299

No comments:

Post a Comment