Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Publishing - Testing the Waters

Well, there are never enough hours in the day.    Although I find it to be a challenge to make time to work on my blog, I try to remain disciplined and keep it as a priority.    Blogging is one of those thing which takes a lot more time and effort than you expect.   

In trying to take it up a notch, it was recently suggested to me that I should contribute to some on-line magazines as well.    There are several out there, many with fees to join and many with a particular target market.    Being new at this, I decided that the best shot for me was to use a shotgun type approach and select one of the larger providers and hope that it would help me define my audience somewhat.  

So, about 10 days or so ago, I joined ezinearticles.com and began to submit some work.   So far, they have reviewed and posted 2 of my articles, both on commercial real estate.   It is exciting to be published by somebody else but it has also been a lot of work.  Now in addition to coming up with some material for my blog, I need to submit 10 articles to ezinearticles.com within 30 days of joining.  

Of course, in addition to the excitement of being published, my hope is that it will also make me more marketable to the community at large and also that all of these things together will inter-connect.   

I won't repost those articles here, at least  not at this juncture, but if you have a chance, go to ezinearticles.com and look me up and tell me what you think.  

Thanks, all.  I hope you have a great day!

David

David W McCoy
Associate Broker
Commonwealth Commercial Real Estate
10444 Bluegrass Parkway
Louisville, KY  40299

A note about me - I specialize in commercial real estate and live and work in the Louisville KY area.  I am a license real estate broker in Kentucky and Indiana and work with Buyers, Sellers, Landlords and Tenants for all type of commercial real estate.   Let me know if I can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment