Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Brazilian Dreaming

I got my tourist visa to go to Brazil!  

The end of next month, I will be traveling to Brazil with a group from GLI  (Greater Louisville Inc - our local Chamber of Commerce)   for a 9 day trip to Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro.     This is a cultural exchange trip for members of the Louisville community.    

I am looking forward to meeting the people going on the trip as well as those we will meet while we are in Brazil.    I have been surprised to learn we have a small Brazilian community in Louisville.  I have discovered this quite by chance when several Brazilians have introduced themselves after hearing me casually mention my upcoming trip. 

Admittedly, I am primarily going because of GLI's trip offering BUT here is why I want to go -

In recent years, Brazil's economy has been booming while at the same time the US dollar has been devaluing.   The combination of these factors has caused US goods and real estate to be very inexpensive for Brazilians.  Brazilians have responded by investing heavily in the US.     A buddy of mine from the Miami area told me that in one year, Brazilians pretty much absorbed the entire vacant inventory of condos that were left from the housing crisis.   In fact, he tells me that there are now billboards all over Miami in Portuguese.  

It may be a small chance that someone in Brazil will want to do something in Louisville, KY but perhaps a bigger chance that someone in Brazil will want to do something in the US.   Also, with Brazil's economy booming, if someone in the US wants to invest there, I think it would be nice to have met a few contacts.    I have some referral networks that would allow me to find people to help with Real Estate all over the world and those are very useful.   But I have found that when possible, meeting people face to face makes those connections stronger.

In any event, for me, I get to see first hand the land, people, culture (and real estate) in Brazil and hopefully, I get to build my network of friends and business connections.  

SO, with that said, if you happen to know someone interested in real estate in Brazil OR someone in Brazil interested in finding real estate in the US, let me know.

Wish me luck!  It's going to be a great trip!

David

David W. McCoy
Associate Broker
Commonwealth Commercial Real Estate
10444 Bluegrass Pkwy
Louisville, KY  40299

office: (502) 379-6005
cell: (502) 905-5274
e-mail: DMcCoy@ccre.biz

BTW - Call me if you need help with real estate! I am a licensed real estate broker in Kentucky and Indiana.  I specialize in Commercial Real Estate and Global property.   I work with Buyers, Sellers, Landlords, Tenants and Investors.     I handle Office, Industrial, Land, Investment and Retail properties.  Heck I can even set you up with help on Residential Real Estate.   Give me a call.  I would love to help.   You can reach me by my contact information above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment