Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Big Event

This has been an extraordinary year for me.   It seems as though I am having an extraordinary event nearly every month.    This year, I went to Costa Rica for an International Real Estate Conference (which was really cool but not today's topic.)   I sold my house, which I have lived in for 22 years.   I have moved to a temporary situation and am still looking for a new place.  I participated in my first Half Ironman competition in Muncie Indiana.    I welcomed a new grandson into the family with my daughter and her husband.   I have been learning Russian and started learning Portuguese.    On the agenda I will be traveling to Brazil in September and plan on going to San Francisco in November.   BUT the big event for me this month is the Ironman competition.

On Sunday August 25th, Louisville will be hosting what I believe is our 7th full Ironman competition and I will be participating.  The competition involves a 2.4 mile swim in the Ohio River, a 112 mile bike throughout Louisville and adjoining counties and finishes with a full marathon (26.2 miles).   I will have 17 hours to complete it.  

This is one of the great unknown events in Louisville.   People are aware of it but I would say that most people are not aware that it is a really big deal.  We have participants come from all over the country and really all over the world.    Approximately 3,000 people will be competing including a number of professional athletes and it is a qualifying event for the Kona Ironman.    I am told the event pumps approximately $5,000,000 into our local economy.

I understand that doing an Ironman is not everyone's cup of tea BUT if you want to see something really cool and inspiring, come down to Fourth Street Live Sunday night and watch some of the participants cross the finish line.   Watch their expressions as it is announced as they cross the line, "You're an Ironman!"    

Afterwards, probably sometime Monday afternoon, I will be having a follow-up ceremony.   I will be putting my 140.6 sticker on the back of my car, drinking my favorite adult beverage with some friends and family and singing the National Anthem.  And then I might just download an "ironman" ring tone to my phone.

Have a great day everyone!    

David

David W. McCoy
Associate Broker
Commonwealth Commercial Real Estate
10444 Bluegrass Pkwy
Louisville, KY 40299

cell: 502-905-5274
ofc: 502-379-6005
e-mail: DMcCoy@ccre.biz

BTW - I am a licensed real estate broker in the States of Kentucky and Indiana.  I specialize in Commercial and International Real Estate.  I handle Office, Industrial, Investment, Land and Retail properties.  I work with Sellers, Buyers, Landlords, Tenants and Investors.  Heck I can even set you up with Residential real estate help.     Give me a call if you need any help with real estate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment